SAP Consultant – Data Analytics & Reporting
Posted 4 months ago
Location: Remote, Timezone : EST
Client : Incusol Direct Client
Duration: 1 year and Extendable
IT Experience: 5+ yrs
- BS in Accounting, Finance, IT, Computers, or another similar field
- 5 years of Reporting/BI in SAP ERP, SAP BusinessObjects, SAP BW/BEx, SAP S/4 HANA and associated support experience specifically within SAP FI, CO, AR, AP, GL, PA, PCA, CCA etc.
- Excellent knowledge and experience working with Public Clouds such as AWS, AZURE & GCP
- At-least 2 full Life-cycle experience in SAP BI/BW/BEx, SAP Business Object, MicroStrategy, Tableau, Analysis for Office etc.
- Experience with at least 1 FP&A tools such as SAP BPC, Hyperion/HFM, OneStream, Anaplan etc.
- Experience building/supporting enterprise data warehouse (EDW) from ground up in SAP BW, Vertica, Teradata, Netezza, Snowflake a must
The Ideal Qualifications:
- MBA or equivalent and/or Certified Public Accountant preferred
- full life-cycle SAP S/4 HANA implementation with Universal Ledger preferred
- Experience in other SAP products – SAP FPSL, SAP BPC, SAP C4C is Bonus
- Knowledge of US GAAP, insurance statutory accounting/reporting and/or experience in Financial Institutions preferred
- Ability to work with senior management and influence decision making
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt to change
- Ability to proactively take ownership of projects and drive to completion
- Experience working in a Finance transformational setting & driving change
- Use increasing insight to identify and implement improvements that increase the business value and efficiency of the work performed.
- Ability to Initiate and/or leads increasingly complex projects and continuous improvement activities that may span beyond the scope of own team
- Experience in best-in-class control execution/documentation
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work across levels, from staff to executive management
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in future
- Travel between Boston and Springfield required
- Accountability –
- Act as SME for SAP ERP centric reporting, leveraging data from SAP S/4 HANA, AWS Data Lake, Vertica, Anaplan, SAP BW, SAP FPSL and other related financial applications.
- Collaborate closely with other Controllers teams, such as financial close team for accurate accounting of various transactions/events
- Business Acumen –
- Review and optimize current reporting/dashboarding landscape. Identify improvements to reduce dependency on spreadsheets
- Understand data flow through the financial systems to the accounting function & plan appropriately for changes while prioritizing other tasks.
- Inclusion –
- Rationalize reporting by partnering across teams & Product owners for SAP HANA, Fiori, BI/BW, Analysis for Office, Vertica, AWS Data Lake.
- Coordinate & collaborate across Finance, enterprise technology, internal audit, enterprise risk, and external audit, as appropriate
- Resilience –
- Support the automation effort to reduce data silos and intermediatory storage of data to reduce the overall day lifecycle time.
- Development –
- Own the training and change mgmt. around reports/dashboards for users across controllership. Ability to develop training material and facilitate the training workshops on continuum basis.
- Share Reporting & Dashboarding’s best practices, industry knowledge, and personal expertise to educate both business users and implementation team, in formal and ad hoc settings
- Leading Others –
- Lead the liaison and report/dashboard building activities in partnership with IT, Financial Planning (FP&A), Actuary, Front Office, & others in firm.
- Lead Use Case formulation, As-Is/To-be analysis, product demos, Joint Application Development (JAD sessions) to help understand processes, reporting needs, and associated business benefits
- Agility –
- Domain Process owner for all dashboard/report changes, validations, consistency, maintenance, updates, & data quality checks
- Guides the team in establishing effective control/governance for reports/dashboards with tight milestones for successful execution