Location: Remote, Timezone : EST
Client : Incusol Direct Client
Duration: 1 year and Extendable
IT Experience: 10+ yrs
As a Domain Owner for SAP Financials & General Ledger, you will own & lead the implementation SAP FI, GL, A/R, A/P and Financial Supply Chain. The role entails strategic vision/roadmap, configuration oversight, Domain process ownership & business support across all dependent systems using SAP General Ledger (GL), Accounts Receivables (AR), Accounts Payable (AP) & Financial Supply Chain Mgmt. (FSCM/FSCD). The person in this position will start as an individual contributor but growing it into a team with the progress of SAP S/4 HANA implementation within 1 year. You will be a part of Corporate Finance, within the Business Initiatives team.
- BS in Accounting, Finance, IT, Computers, or another similar field
- 5 years of SAP ERP and/or SAP S/4 HANA implementation (Hands-on) and support experience within SAP FI, CO, AR, AP, GL, PA, PCA, CCA etc.
- Familiarity and/or experience working with Public Clouds such as AWS, AZURE & GCP
- At-least 2 full Life-cycle SAP Financial implementation experience deploying SAP FI, CO, GL, AR and AP
- Experience implementing Special Purpose Ledger/Parallel Ledger.
- Experience with at least 1 FP&A tools such as SAP BPC, Hyperion/HFM, OneStream, Anaplan etc.
The Ideal Qualifications:
- MBA or equivalent and/or Certified Public Accountant preferred
- A Full life-cycle SAP S/4 HANA implementation with Universal Ledger highly preferred
- Experience in add-on/Partner products such as Vertex Tax, Blackline & HighRadius FSCM desired
- Experience in other SAP products – SAP BW, BusinessObjects, SAP PBC, SAP C4C is Bonus
- Knowledge of US GAAP, insurance statutory accounting/reporting and/or experience in Financial Institutions preferred
- Ability to work with senior management and influence decision making
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt to change
- Ability to proactively take ownership of projects and drive to completion
- Experience working in a Finance transformational setting & driving change
- Use increasing insight to identify and implement improvements that increase the business value and efficiency of the work performed.
- Ability to Initiate and/or leads increasingly complex projects and continuous improvement activities that may span beyond the scope of own team
- Experience in best-in-class control execution/documentation
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work across levels, from staff to executive management
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in future
- Travel between Boston and Springfield required
- Accountability –
- Act as SME for SAP FI (General Ledger) with In-depth understanding of AR, AP, FSCM/FSCD, Treasury, PCA/CCA & Special Purpose Ledger.
- Lead the SAP FI-GL Configuration/solutions evaluation/ Validation and deployment in SAP ERP S/4 HANA in partnership with implementation teams, IT and Off-shore business partners.
- Business Acumen –
- Owner for all period close activities such as preparation of non-statutory reporting, adjustments, period setup & reconciliation.
- Understand data flow through the financial systems to the accounting function & plan appropriately for changes while prioritizing other tasks.
- Inclusion –
- Lead Use Case formulation, As-Is/To-be analysis, product demos, Joint Application Development (JAD) for processes & SAP capabilities.
- Share SAP Financials’ best practices, industry knowledge, and personal expertise to educate both business users and implementation team, in formal and ad hoc settings
- Resilience –
- Understand how data flow through financial systems to accounting function, planning appropriately for changes with prioritizations.
- Establish and enhance governance and internal control procedures.
- Development –
- Lead SAP centric configuration & process changes in alignment with accounting policy within the Controllers Organization for evaluation/implementation of new GAAP/statutory reporting needs
- Leading Others –
- Collaborate closely with other Controllers teams, such as financial close team for accurate accounting of transactions/events
- Lend Configuration & tactical support to other peer teams such as SAP Treasury, SAP Data Analytics, SAP FPSL, SAP Profitability & SAP Treasury.
- Agility –
- Coordinate/Collaborate across Finance, enterprise technology, internal audit, enterprise risk, other business units & external audit, as appropriate
- Guides the team in establishing effective control/governance for reports/dashboards with tight milestones for successful execution